Santa Hat Christmas Cakes
Prep Time: 15 min
Total Time: 25 min
Serve these adorable holiday treats and the smiling crowd will respond with a crescendo of oohs and aahs.
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) butter
- 5 cups (1.25 L) mini marshmallows
- 2 tsp (10 mL) vanilla extract
- 6 cups (1.5 L) Original Rice Krispies* Cereal
- 1 can (225g) aerosol whipped cream
- 16 strawberries
- 16 mini marshmallows
1. Grease an 8-inch (2 L) square baking pan. Melt butter in large saucepan set over low heat; add marshmallows. Stir for 8 to 10 minutes or until completely melted. Stir in vanilla. Remove from heat.
2. Immediately stir in cereal until coated. Using wet hands or buttered spatula, spread mixture evenly into pan. Let cool completely. Cut into 16 squares.
3. Slice off stem end of strawberries to create flat surface. Then, slice off 1/4-inch (5 mm) from tip of each strawberry to create flat surface on top. Pipe dot of cream in centre of each square; stand strawberries on square treats to resemble Santa's hat. Pipe dots around strawberries to create rim for Santa's hat.
4. Pipe dot of whipped cream on tip of each strawberry; place mini marshmallow on top to resemble a pom-pom on Santa's hat. Serve immediately.
Use as much or as little whipped cream as you like, but note that the entire can of aerosol whipped cream may not be necessary to achieve desired results.
Before placing strawberry on treats, blot on paper towel to remove excess moisture to help prevent strawberry juices from bleeding into cream.
In keeping with good allergy practices, we remind you to be aware of allergens and to check labels on any packaged goods used. This recipe has been tested using Kellogg's* products. Results with other products may vary.