RICE KRISPIES* YULE LOG
- 4 eggs
- 1½ cups or 375 mL granulated sugar
- 1 tsp or 5 mL vanilla
- 5 cups or 1.25L Rice Krispies* cereal
- 1 cup or 250 mL all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp or 10 mL ground cinnamon
- 2 tsp or 10 mL baking soda
- 1 cup or 250 mL boiling water
- 1 cup or 250 mL 35% whipping cream
- 1 cup or 250 mL icing sugar
- 2 tbsp or 30 mL cocoa powder
- ¼ cup or 60 mL sour cream
- 10 TURTLES® or QUALITY STREET® chocolates
- icing sugar or buttercream
Pre-heat oven to 350°F (180°C)
Line the bottom of a 17 ¼ x 11 ½ x 1” (43.8 x 29.2 x 2.54 cm) jellyroll pan with parchment paper.
Sponge: With a mixer, beat eggs, sugar and vanilla together until thick and light yellow. In a separate bowl, combine crushed cereal flour, cinnamon and baking soda; add to egg mixture all at once and blend on low speed while slowly adding the hot water. Pour batter into the prepared pan and spread evenly. Bake for 15 minutes or until sponge is lightly golden. Remove from oven and run a knife around the edges. Cool at room temperature for up to four hours.
Filling; in a bowl, whip cream until starting to thicken, add icing sugar and cocoa powder and whip until soft peaks form. Add sour cream and whip until peaks form. Gently fold in chopped chocolates.
Invert sponge onto a fresh piece of parchment paper; peel off parchment backing. Spread the filling leaving a 1/2 –inch (1 cm) border at the finished edge. Using the parchment as a support, roll sponge from the short side. Place on a platter seam side down. Cover and refrigerate for one hour or more. Dust log with icing sugar, or cover with your favorite butter cream icing. Decorate as desired.
Serve and enjoy!
* To crush Kelloggs Rice Krispies® cereal: place cereal in a sealable freezer bag, close, pressing out the air and roll with a rolling pin until it is fine in texture.
In keeping with good allergy practices, we remind you to be aware of packages goods used. This recipe has been tested using Kellogg's* products. Results with other products may vary. TRADEMARK OWNER / PROPRIÉTAIRE DES MARQUES: SOCIÉTÉ DES PRODUITS NESTLÉ S.A., VEVEY, SWITZERLAND / SUISSE. LICENSEE / LICENCIÉ: NESTLÉ CANADA INC., NORTH YORK, ON M2N 6S8