Rice Krispies* Snowman
- 60 ml or 1/4 cup butter or margarine
- 1.25 L or 5 cups miniature marshmallows or 40 regular (250 g pkg)
- 2 ml or 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1.5 L or 6 cups Rice Krispies* cereal
- 500 g or 1 lb prepared whipped vanilla frosting (approx.)
- 500 ml or 2 cups sweetened flaked coconut
- 50 g or 1/2 bar Dove® Milk Chocolate, melted M&M'S® Milk Chocolate, Peanut or Mint Holiday Mix Chocolate Candies (180 g - 220 g)
- Licorice ropes
- Pretzel sticks
1.Melt butter in a large saucepan set over low heat. Add marshmallows; cook, stirring until melted and well blended. Stir in vanilla. Add cereal; stir until coated.
2.Divide the mixture and lightly pack into three 250 ml (1 cup) portions, three 125 ml (1/2 cup) portions and three 75 ml (1/3 cup) portions.
3.Working quickly, with damp hands, form each portion into a firmly packed round ball with a slightly flattened bottom. Stack the balls, three high, biggest to smallest to create three figures.
4.Spread a thin layer of frosting all over each figure. Place the coconut in a shallow dish. Roll each figure in the coconut until well coated.
5.Use melted chocolate and M&M'S® Holiday Mix Chocolate candies to create 'eyes', 'noses' and 'buttons' on the figures. Wrap licorice around the base of the smallest ball as a 'scarf'. Gently push the pretzel sticks into each side of the middle balls for 'arms'.
NOTES / HINTS
Makes 3 snowmen. Tip 1: To secure snowmen, gently push a skewer through the top ball to connect all three. Trim skewer so that it is not visible and reshape the balls as needed. Tip 2: Lightly grease your utensils and cup measures when portioning the balls to make it easier to release.
In keeping with good allergy practices, we remind you to be aware of allergens and to check labels on any packaged goods used. This recipe has been tested using Kellogg's* products. Results with other products may vary.