Raspberry Streusel Bars (Gluten-Free version)
- 750 ml or 3 cups Fresh or frozen raspberries
- 125 ml or 1/2 cup Sugar
- 75 ml or 1/3 cup Orange juice
- 20 ml or 4 tsp Cornstarch
- 1.5 L or 6 cups Rice Krispies* Brown Rice Gluten-Free cereal
- 125 ml or 1/2 cup Rice flour
- 250 ml or 1 cup Ground almonds
- 250 ml or 1 cup Packed brown sugar
- 15 ml or 1 tbsp Grated orange rind
- 250 ml or 1 cup Melted butter
1. In saucepan, bring raspberries, sugar and orange juice to boil; reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes. Whisk cornstarch with 25 ml (2 tbsp) water; whisk into raspberries and boil, stirring, until thickened, about 1 minute. Place plastic wrap on the surface and refrigerate until cold; about 1 hour.
2. In large bowl, mix together crushed cereal, flour, almonds, brown sugar and orange rind. Drizzle with butter and mix with fork until well coated. Remove 250 ml (1 cup); set aside for topping. Press remaining cereal mixture into a 2L (8-inch) square baking pan lined with parchment or coated with cooking spray. Spread with raspberry filling. Sprinkle with remaining cereal mixture.
3. Bake in the centre of a 180°C (350°F) oven until golden, about 45 minutes. Let cool in pan on rack. Cut into squares.
† Since product formulation vary from one brand to another, be sure to always read the ingredient listings to be sure that the brands you selected are gluten free.
In keeping with good allergy practices, we remind you to be aware of allergens and to check labels on any packaged goods used. This recipe has been tested using Kellogg's* products. Results with other products may vary.