Pumpkin Spice Cake
- 125 ml or 1/2 cup Butter
- 250 ml or 1 cup Packed brown sugar
- 1 Egg
- 5 ml or 1 tsp Vanilla
- 150 ml or 2/3 cup Cooked or canned pumpkin
- 750 ml or 3 cups Rice Krispies* Brown Rice Gluten-Free cereal
- 250 ml or 1 cup Rice flour
- 250 ml or 1 cup Ground toasted pecans or walnuts
- 10 ml or 2 tsp Baking powder
- 7 ml or 1 1/2 tsp Ground cinnamon
- 5 ml or 1 tsp Ground ginger
- 2 ml or 1/2 tsp Ground allspice
- 2 ml or 1/2 tsp Salt
- 125ml or 1/2 cup 2% milk
- 50 ml or 1/4 cup Rice flour
- 50 ml or 1/4 cup Chopped pecans or walnuts
- 2 ml or 1/2 tsp Ground cinnamon
- 75 ml or 1/3 cup Melted butter
1. In large bowl, with electric mixer, beat butter and brown sugar until fluffy. Beat in egg and vanilla. Beat in pumpkin just until combined.
2. In medium bowl, mix all but 75 ml (1/3 cup) crushed cereal, rice flour, nuts, baking powder, cinnamon, ginger, allspice and salt. Beat into butter mixture, alternately with milk, until blended. Spread batter in lightly greased 23 cm (9-inch) square baking pan.
3. Streusel: In small bowl, combine reserved crushed cereal with rice flour, nuts, sugar and cinnamon. Drizzle with melted butter and toss with fork until well coated. Sprinkle evenly over batter.
4. Bake in 180°C (350°F) oven for 35 to 40 minutes, until cake tester, or toothpick, inserted in centre comes out clean and crumbs are golden. Let cool on rack until just warm before cutting (about 15 minutes).
† Since product formulation vary from one brand to another, be sure to always read the ingredient listings to be sure that the brands you selected are gluten free.
In keeping with good allergy practices, we remind you to be aware of allergens and to check labels on any packaged goods used. This recipe has been tested using Kellogg's* products. Results with other products may vary.