Peanut Butter Squares
Prep Time: 10 min
- 250 mL or 1 cup firmly-packed brown sugar
- 250 mL or 1 cup corn syrup (or liquid honey)
- 250 mL or 1 cup smooth peanut butter
- 2 mL or 1/2 tsp vanilla (optional)
- 1.75 L or 7 cups Rice Krispies* cereal
1. In large saucepan, combine sugar and corn syrup. Cook over medium heat, stirring frequently, until sugar dissolves and mixture just begins to boil (or microwave at HIGH 3 minutes in large microwaveable bowl, stirring twice). Remove from heat.
2. Stir in vanilla. Stir in peanut butter; mix well. Stir in cereal, mixing until well coated. Press evenly and firmly into buttered 3.5 L (13 x 9") pan. Cut into bars.
Frosted: Spread 250 mL (1 cup) melted semi-sweet chocolate chips over cereal mixture.
Crunchy: Add 125 mL (½ cup) chopped peanuts with cereal.
In keeping with good allergy practices, we remind you to be aware of allergens and to check labels on any packaged goods used. This recipe has been tested using Kellogg’s* products. Results with other products may vary.