Peanut Butter & Jam Buddy Squares
Prep Time: 10 min
- 45 ml or 3 tbsp butter or margarine
- 1.25 L or 5 cups miniature marshmallows or 40 regular (250g pkg)
- 75 ml or 1/3 cup peanut butter
- 2 ml or 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1.25 L or 55 L Rice Krispies* cereal
- 125 ml or 1/2 cup raspberry or grape jam
1. In large saucepan over low heat, melt butter. Add marshmallows and peanut butter; stir until melted and well blended. Remove from heat.
2. Stir in vanilla. Add cereal, stirring until coated.
3. Using lightly-buttered spatula, press mixture firmly and evenly into
buttered 3.5 L (13 x 9") pan. Cool about 10 minutes. Cut cereal in half crosswise. Spread jam evenly over one half; top with second half to make one very large sandwich, pressing halves gently together. Chill. Cut into small bars.
YIELD: 24 sandwiches
In large microwaveable bowl, microwave margarine at HIGH (100%) 30-60 seconds** to melt. Stir in marshmallows and peanut butter. Microwave at HIGH (100%) 1 1/2-2 minutes** or until smooth when stirred, stirring after 1 minute.
**Cooking times are for 700-watt microwave ovens; increase by 15-30 seconds for lower-wattage ovens.
In keeping with good allergy practices, we remind you to be aware of allergens and to check labels on any packaged goods used. This recipe has been tested using Kellogg's* products. Results with other products may vary.