Peanut Butter Balls
Prep Time: 10 min
- 250 ml or 1 cup icing sugar
- 250 ml or 1 cup peanut butter
- 125 ml or 1/2 cup sweetened shredded coconut
- 75 ml or 1/3 cup butter or margarine melted
- 1 L or 4 cups Rice Krispies* cereal
- 750 ml or 3 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 50 ml or 1/4 cup butter or margarine
- 50 ml or 1/4 cup hot water
Line one baking sheet with waxed paper. In large bowl, mix icing sugar, peanut butter, coconut and 75 ml (1/3 cup) butter together until well blended. Gently fold in RICE KRISPIES* cereal until well coated. Form into 2.5 cm (1" balls). To make the rolling of balls easier, use lightly dampened hands. Refrigerate on baking sheet 30 minutes.
To make chocolate dip: In medium saucepan, over low heat melt chocolate chips, remaining butter and water together. If mixture is a bit thick for dipping add 1 to 2 tablespoons more hot water.
Using two forks, drop a couple of peanut butter balls in chocolate mixture. Roll balls around in chocolate mixture to coat in chocolate. Chill on waxed paper-lined baking sheet until chocolate is set. Other serving suggestions: peanut butter balls can be served plain or lightly drizzled with chocolate dip. To decorate balls with chocolate, use tip of spoon to drizzle chocolate over balls.
In keeping with good allergy practices, we remind you to be aware of allergens and to check labels on any packaged goods used. This recipe has been tested using Kellogg's* products. Results with other products may vary.