A classic snack, great for the game, parties and everyday munching!
- 1.5 L or 6 cups Crispix* Krispies* cereal
- 250 ml or 1 cup mixed nuts or peanuts
- 250 ml or 1 cup pretzels
- 30 ml or 2 tbsp butter or margarine, melted
- 1 ml or 1/4 tsp garlic salt
- 1 ml or 1/4 tsp onion salt
- 10 ml or 2 tsp lemon juice
- 15 ml or 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
1. Combine cereal, nuts and pretzels in 3.5 L (13 x 9") baking pan or roasting pan. Set aside
2. Stir together remaining ingredients. Drizzle over cereal mixture, gently tossing until evenly coated.
3. Bake at 120°C (250°F) 45 minutes, stirring every 15 minutes. Cool. Store in airtight container.
MICROWAVE DIRECTIONS: In large microwaveable bowl, combine cereal, nuts and pretzels. Follow step 2 above. Microwave at HIGH 4 minutes, stirring after 2 minutes. Cool. Store in a airtight container.(Tested in 700-watt microwave oven; increase cooking time for lower wattage ovens)
- After the first 15 minutes of baking, add 50 ml (1/4 cup) grated Parmesan cheese. Stir to coat. Bake 30 minutes longer, stirring as directed above.
- If desired, use garlic and onion powders (0.5 ml/ 1/8 tsp of each) and unsalted nuts and pretzels.NOTE:One 350 g pkg makes 2 batches
YIELD: 2 L (8 cups)
PER SERVING: (150 ml/ 2/3 cup)
160 Calories (670 kJ)
3.6 g Protein
20 g Carbohydrate
8.5 g Fat
1.5 g Dietary Fibre
In keeping with good allergy practices, we remind you to be aware of allergens and to check labels on any packaged goods used. This recipe has been tested using Kellogg's* products. Results with other products may vary.