Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 250 mL (1 cup) butter, softened
- 175 mL (3/4 cup) packed brown sugar
- 125 mL (1/2 cup) granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 7 mL (1-1/2 tsp) vanilla
- 500 mL (2 cups) all-purpose flour
- 375 mL (1-1/2 cups) Rice Krispies* cereal
- 250 mL (1 cup) quick-cooking (not instant) rolled oats
- 5 mL (1 tsp) baking powder
- pinch of salt
- 375 mL (1-1/2 cups) chocolate chips
1. In large bowl, beat butter with brown and granulated sugars until fluffy. Beat in eggs, one at a time. Beat in vanilla.
2. In separate bowl, whisk together flour, Rice Krispies*, rolled oats, baking powder and stir into butter mixture. Stir in chocolate chips.
3. Drop by heaping 1 tbsp (15 mL), about 2 inches (5 cm) apart, onto parchment paper-lined baking sheets. Bake in top and bottom thirds of 350°F (180°C) oven, switching and rotating pans halfway through, until edges are crisp and golden, about 14 minutes.
YIELD: 55 cookies.
In keeping with good allergy practices, we remind you to be aware of allergens and to check labels on any packaged goods used. This recipe has been tested using Kellogg's* products. Results with other products may vary.