An irresistible snack to share with family and friends at a party or watching "the game".
- 125 ml or 1/21/2 ml firmly packed brown sugar
- 125 ml or 1/21/2 ml corn syrup
- 50 ml or 1/41/4 ml butter or margarine
- 1.5 L or 66 L Crispix* Krispies* cereal
- 250 ml or 11 ml peanuts
- 125 ml or 1/21/2 ml slivered almonds
1. In large heavy saucepan, combine sugar, corn syrup and butter. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until sugar is completely dissolved and mixture comes to a full boil. Remove from heat.
2. Add cereal, peanuts and almonds. Stir until well coated. Spread mixture evenly over buttered, foil-lined 45 X 29 X 2 cm (17 X 11 X 3/4") jelly roll pan.
3. Bake at 160°C (325°F) 15 minutes. Cool thoroughly. Remove from foil and break into pieces. Store in airtight container.
YIELD:about 2 L (8 cups)
PER SERVING: (125 ml/ 1/2 cup)
9.3 g Fat
1.2 g Dietary Fibre
4.3 g Protein
VARIATION: Substitute unblanched whole almonds for peanuts and slivered almond
In keeping with good allergy practices, we remind you to be aware of allergens and to check labels on any packaged goods used. This recipe has been tested using Kellogg's® products. Results with other products may vary.