Miniature Candy Canes
Prep Time: 20 min
- 50 mL or 1/4 cup margarine or butter
- 250 g or 1 pkg (about 40) regular marshmallows or 5 cups miniature
- 2 mL or 1/2 tsp vanilla extract (optional)
- 1.5 L or 6 cups Holiday Rice Krispies* cereal
- Prepared white icing
- Red licorice
- In a large microwave safe bowl, heat margarine and marshmallows at HIGH for 3 minutes, stirring after 2 minutes.
- Stir in vanilla. Stir in KELLOGG’S* RICE KRISPIES* cereal until well coated.
- While still warm, shape mixture into 12 candy shapes using buttered hands.
- Place on surface sprayed with cooking spray, or wax paper and allow to cool.
- Decorate candy canes string licorice wrapped around it, secured by icing. Best if served same day.
Stove Top Method
Melt margarine in large saucepan over low heat. Add marshmallows and stir until completely melted. Follow steps 2 and 3 above.
In keeping with good allergy practices, we remind you to be aware of allergens and to check labels on any packaged goods used. This recipe has been tested using Kellogg’s* products. Results with other products may vary.