Lemon Drop Cookie Umbrellas
- 750 ml or 3 cups Rice Krispies* cereal
- 375 ml or 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 ml or 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 ml or 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 ml or 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 75 ml or 1/3 cup margarine or butter, softened
- 125 ml or 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 125 ml or 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 egg whites, or 1 egg
- 15 mL or 1 tbsp grated lemon rind
- 45 ml or 3 tbsp lemon juice
- Canned icing
- Assorted candies and coloured sprinkles
1.In medium bowl, mix together cereal, flour, baking soda, salt and cinnamon. Set aside.
2.In large bowl, with electric mixer, beat margarine and sugars until fluffy. Add egg whites, lemon rind and juice. Beat well.
3.Add cereal mixture, mixing until combined. Drop dough by slightly rounded 15 ml (1 tbsp), about 5 cm (2 inches) apart, onto baking sheets coated with cooking spray.
4.Bake at 180 C (350 F) for about 14 minutes or until light golden brown. Remove from baking sheets and cool on wire racks.
5.Decorate with icing, candies and sprinkles. Store in airtight container.
In keeping with good allergy practices, we remind you to be aware of allergens and to check labels on any packaged goods used. This recipe has been tested using Kellogg's* products. Results with other products may vary.