Prep Time: 20 min
- 50 mL (1/4 cup) margarine or butter
- 250 g (1 pkg) (about 40) regular marshmallows or 5 cups miniature
- 2 mL (1/2 tsp) vanilla extract (optional)
- 1.5 L (6 cups) Rice Krispies* cereal
- Prepared frosting fruit flavoured candy strips
- Candy sprinkles
- String licorice
In large microwave safe bowl, melt margarine and marshmallows on HIGH for about 2 minutes, stirring after 1 minute. Stir mixture until smooth.
Stir in vanilla. Add KELLOGG’S* RICE KRISPIES* cereal, stirring until well coated. Spread cereal mixture into a buttered 3.5 L (13 x 9") pan. Allow to cool. Cut into kite shapes.
Decorate kites with frosting and candy sprinkles. Use string licorice for tails and fruit flavoured candy strips as ribbons.
Stove Top Method.
Melt margarine in large saucepan over low heat. Add marshmallows and stir until completely melted. Follow steps 2 and 3 above.
In keeping with good allergy practices, we remind you to be aware of allergens and to check labels on any packaged goods used. This recipe has been tested using Kellogg’s* products. Results with other products may vary.