Kellogg's* Rice Krispies* Holiday Ornament
For an impressive holiday gift idea this season, try making the Kellogg’s* Rice Krispies* Holiday Ornament. It’s a great way to spend quality time with kids, and because it’s no-bake, it’s a snap to make. A thoughtful gift for friends, teachers, baby sitters or anyone on your list!
- 6 cups (1.5 litres) Rice Krispies* cereal
- 250 g (1 pkg) Marshmallows
- 1/4 cup (50 ml) Butter or Margarine
- 2 ml (1/2 tsp) Vanilla extract
- Red licorice string
- Red and white fondant and silver dragees
- Ruler, bamboo skewer, pizza cutter, rolling pin and paint brush
- Wrapping: cello bags, ribbon, and mini decorative bulbs
Make the Rice Krispies* Base
1. In a large microwave safe bowl, heat margarine and marshmallows at HIGH for 3 minutes, stirring after 2 minutes
2. Stir in vanilla. Stir in Kellogg’s* Rice Krispies * cereal until well coated. Allow mixture to cool slightly; form into shape
Shape the Ornament
1. Form Kellogg’s* Rice Krispies* cereal mixture into half balls, leaving space in the centre
2. Poke a small hole in a piece of fondant with bamboo skewer and thread with your red licorice to make the loop for hanging
3. Place the loop inside the ball and add more Kellogg’s* Rice Krispies* mixture to close the ball around the licorice so the loop sticks out; add more mixture as needed and mould with hands into ball shape
1. Roll fondant into a sheet using a rolling pin
2. With a ruler and pizza cutter, cut fondant into long strips; place onto ornament working your way around, cutting any excess
3. Use a very small cookie cutter decorating tool to cut out fun shapes from the fondant
4. Dip the paint brush in some water and brush onto the fondant; sprinkle on silver dragees
5. Once complete; package the Kellogg’s* Rice Krispies* ornament in a cellophane bag, add the ribbon and the mini decorative bulbs for the perfect holiday gift!
In keeping with good allergy practices, we remind you to be aware of allergens and to check labels on any packaged goods used. This recipe has been tested using Kellogg’s* products. Results with other products may vary.
An instructional video and more recipes can be found on Ricekrispies.ca.
*© 2012, Trademark of Kellogg Company used under licence by Kellogg Canada Inc.