Prep Time: 20 min
Total Time: 30 min
This season, deck the holiday table with this eye-catching Rice Krispies* showpiece. It's a quick and easy no-bake project that the kids can help with.
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) butter
- 5 cups (1.25L) mini marshmallows
- 2 tsp (10mL) vanilla extract
- 6 cups (1.5 L) Rice Krispies* Holiday Edition Cereal
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) silver candy sprinkles
1. Melt butter in large saucepan set over low heat; add marshmallows. Cook, stirring, for 8 to 10 minutes or until completely melted. Stir in vanilla. Remove from heat.
2. Immediately stir in cereal until coated. Let cool slughtly. Using wet hands, roll into 36 balls. Roll 12 balls in silver candy sprinkles until coated.
3. Stack and arrange balls on serving platter in pyramid shape to resemble a Christimas tree, starting first layer of tree in 8-inch (20 cm) circle and building up.
Top the tree with a sugar cookie, toy or paper star.
Secure balls with melted white chocolate if desired.
In keeping with good allergy practices, we remind you to be aware of allergens and to check labels on any packaged goods used. This recipe has been tested using Kellogg's* products. Results with other products may vary.