Prep Time: 10 min
Total Time: 20 min
These Rice Krispies* treats are transformed into delicious holiday bark with a layer of white chocolate and crushed candy canes. It's a quick and easy sweet to add to your holiday baking.
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) butter
- 5 cups (1.25 L) mini marshmallows
- 2 tsp (10 mL) peppermint extract
- 6 cups (1.5 L) Original Rice Krispies* Cereal
- 8 oz (240 g) white chocolate, chopped
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) crushed peppermint candies or candy canes
1. Line 15- x 10-inch (40 x 25 cm) rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper; set aside. Melt butter in large saucepan set over low heat; add marshmallows. Cook, stirring, for 8 to 10 minutes or until completely melted.
2. Meanwhile, place white chocolate in a heatproof bowl set over a saucepan of gently simmering water. Stir occasionally; heat until melted. Cool for 5 to 10 minutes.
3. Once marshmallows have melted, stir in peppermint extract. Remove from heat. Immediately stir in cereal until coated. Let cool slightly. Using wet hands or buttered spatula, press into prepared pan, about 1/2-inch (1.25 cm) thick. Spread melted white chocolate over top. Springle with crushed candies. Let stand for about 10 to 15 minutes or until chocolate sets. Cut or break into pieces. Store in airtight container.
Substitute milk or dark chocolate for white chocolate if desired.
In keeping with good allergy practices, we remind you to be aware of allergens and to check labels on any packaged goods used. This recipe has been tested using Kellogg's* products. Results with other products may vary.