Fruit and Cream Cereal Bars
Prep Time: 15 min
- 30 ml or 2 tbsp butter
- 625 ml or 2 1/2 cups miniature marshmallows or 20 regular (half of 250 g pkg)
- 750 ml or 3 cups Rice Krispies* cereal
- Rice Krispies* with Vanilla Flavour cereal
- 50 ml or 1/4 cup butter softened
- 30 ml or 2 tbsp custard powder
- 2 ml or 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 30 ml or 2 tbsp milk
- 425 ml or 1 3/4 cup icing sugar sifted
- 500 ml or 2 cups (approx) fresh strawberries raspberries blueberries or canned mandarin orange sections well drained
In large microwaveable bowl, microwave butter at HIGH for 30 seconds or until melted. Add marshmallows, tossing to coat. Microwave at HIGH for 1 minute or until smooth when stirred, stirring after 45 seconds. Add cereal, stirring until coated. Press into buttered 8-inch (2 L) pan.
Cream butter and custard powder. Gradually blend in vanilla, milk and icing sugar until smooth. Spread over cooled base. Mark surface off into squares.
Arrange fruit pieces on squares, pressing lightly into frosting. Chill. Cut in squares. Store covered in refrigerator.
Chilling Time: at least 2 hours.
In keeping with good allergy practices, we remind you to be aware of allergens and to check labels on any packaged goods used. This recipe has been tested using Kellogg's* products. Results with other products may vary.