Festive Wreath Treats
Prep Time: 20 min
- 50 mL or 1/4 cup margarine or butter
- 250 g or 1 pkg (about 40) regular marshmallows or 5 cups miniature
- 1.5 L or 6 cups Rice Krispies* cereal
- Green food colouring (optional)
- Dried fruits such as cranberries or raisins
- fruit-flavoured candy strips, string licorice, candy sprinkles, icing
- In a large microwave-safe bowl, melt margarine or butter and marshmallows in a microwave set on HIGH for 2 minutes, stirring after 1 minute. If desired, add green food colouring.
- Stir until mixture is smooth. Add KELLOGG’S* RICE KRISPIES* cereal, stirring until well coated.
- When slightly cooled, shape cereal mixture into wreaths using buttered hands.
- Place on waxed paper or a surface coated with cooking spray. Allow to cool.
- Decorate with dried fruit, candies, or other KELLOGG’S* cereals.
- For ribbon use red fruit-flavored candy strips or licorice. Use icing to attach decorations.
YIELD: 8-12 wreaths
In keeping with good allergy practices, we remind you to be aware of allergens and to check labels on any packaged goods used. This recipe has been tested using Kellogg’s* products. Results with other products may vary.