Prep Time: 20 min
- 50 mL or 1/4 cup margarine or butter
- 250 g or 1 pkg (about 40) regular marshmallows or 5 cups miniature
- 2 mL or 1/2 tsp vanilla extract (optional)
- 1.5 L or 6 cups Holiday Rice Krispies* cereal
- Prepared green icing
- 15 mL or 1 tbsp green liquid food colouring (or 1/8 tsp/0.5 mL green paste food colouring)
- In a large microwave safe bowl, heat margarine and marshmallows at HIGH for 3 minutes, stirring after 2 minutes.
- Stir in vanilla. Stir in food colouring until tinted evenly. Stir in half of the Rice* Krispies* until combined.
- Add remaining cereal, stirring to coat. Using lightly buttered spatula, press into buttered 3.5 L (13 x 9") pan.
- With greased hands, firmly press mixture evenly over pan. Let cool for 10 minutes before cutting out shapes.
- Using graduated star-shaped cookie cutters, cut out 10 each of 3 different-size stars.
- To assemble each tree, stack 2 of the largest stars on plate; top with 2 medium stars, angling points in between points of bottom stars. Top with 2 small stars. Decorate with mini-gumdrops; top with star-shaped hard candy.
Stove Top Method
Melt margarine in large saucepan over low heat. Add marshmallows and stir until completely melted. Follow remaining steps above.
In keeping with good allergy practices, we remind you to be aware of allergens and to check labels on any packaged goods used. This recipe has been tested using Kellogg’s* products. Results with other products may vary.