Chocolate Mint Squares
Prep Time: 10 min
- 50 mL (1/4 cup) margarine or butter
- 250 g (1 pkg) (about 40) regular marshmallows or 5 cups miniature
- 1.5 L (6 cups) Rice Krispies* cereal
- 2 mL (1/2 tsp) vanilla (optional)
- 30 mL (2 tbsp) unsweetened cocoa powder
- 5 mL (1 tsp) chocolate flavouring
- 7 mL (1 1/2 tsp) peppermint flavouring
Heat margarine in a large saucepan over low heat. Add cocoa powder and marshmallows and stir in until completely melted.
Add in chocolate and peppermint flavouring. Stir in vanilla and KELLOGG'S* RICE KRISPIES* cereal until well coated. Using lightly buttered spatula, press into buttered 3.5 L (13 x 9") pan.
Allow mixture to cool slightly. Cut into squares.
Melt margarine and marshmallows in large bowl at HIGH for 3 minutes, stirring after 2 minutes. Add in chocolate and peppermint flavouring and stir until smooth. Follow steps 2 above.
In keeping with good allergy practices, we remind you to be aware of allergens and to check labels on any packaged goods used. This recipe has been tested using Kellogg's* products. Results with other products may vary.