Chocolate Coconut Crisps
Prep Time: 20 min
- 75 ml or 1/3 cup butter or margarine
- 125 ml or 1/2 cup corn syrup or honey
- 125 ml or 1/2 cup cocoa
- 5 ml or 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 125 ml or 1/2 cup icing sugar sifted
- 1 L or 4 cups Rice Krispies* cereal
- 250 ml or 1 cup flaked coconut
1. In large saucepan, melt butter. Blend in syrup and cocoa. Cook over low heat, stirring constantly, about 3 minutes or until mixture is smoothly combined. Remove from heat.
2. Stir in vanilla and icing sugar. Add cereal and coconut, mixing lightly until well combined ( reserve 30 ml / 2 tbsp coconut for top if desired ).
3. Press into buttered 3 L ( 12 x 8 " ) pan. Sprinkle reserved coconut over surface and press in lightly. Chill until firm. Cut into bars. Store in refrigerator, covered.
In keeping with good allergy practices, we remind you to be aware of allergens and to check labels on any packaged goods used. This recipe has been tested using Kellogg's* products. Results with other products may vary.