Prep Time: 20 min
- 50 ml or 1/4 cup margarine or butter
- 250 g or 1 pkg (about 40) regular marshmallows or 5 cups miniature
- 1.5 L or 6 cups Holiday Rice Krispies* cereal
- 2 mL or 1/2 tsp vanilla (optional)
- In a large microwave safe bowl, heat margarine and marshmallows at HIGH for 3 minutes, stirring after 2 minutes.
- Stir in vanilla. Stir in KELLOGG’S* RICE KRISPIES* cereal until well coated.
- While still warm, shape mixture into two 30 cm candy shapes using buttered hands.
- Place on surface sprayed with cooking spray, or wax paper.
- Decorate candy canes string licorice wrapped around it, secured by icing. Slice each cane into 6 slices.
Stove Top Method
Melt margarine in large saucepan over low heat. Add marshmallows and stir until completely melted. Follow steps 2 and 3 above.
In keeping with good allergy practices, we remind you to be aware of allergens and to check labels on any packaged goods used. This recipe has been tested using Kellogg’s* products. Results with other products may vary.