Beef and Bacon Burgers
Prep Time: 20 min
- 750 g (1 1/2 lbs) lean ground beef
- 1 egg slightly beaten
- 375 mL (1 1/2 cups) Rice Krispies* cereal
- 50 mL (1/4 cup) each: finely grated onion and chili sauce
- 10 mL (2 tsp) prepared mustard
- 5 mL (1 tsp) each: salt and Worcestershire sauce
- 6 bacon slices
- 6 burger buns
1. In large bowl, mix together all ingredients, except bacon and buns, until well combined. Shape into 6 patties.
2. Wrap bacon slice around each patty, overlapping at top. Place on broiler pan. Broil about 6 minutes per side until meat is cooked to desired doneness and bacon crisps. Serve immediately on toasted buns. Garnish as desired.
YIELD: 6 servings.
NOTES: Whenever cooking with raw meats, ensure safe internal temperature is reached..
In keeping with good allergy practices, we remind you to be aware of allergens and to check labels on any packaged goods used. This recipe has been tested using Kellogg's* products. Results with other products may vary.