Banana Nut Squares
Prep Time: 10 min
- 50 mL (1/4 cup) margarine or butter
- 250 g (1 pkg) (about 40) regular marshmallows*
- 45 mL (3 tbsp) banana instant pudding mix
- 125 mL (1/2 cup) chopped walnuts
- 1.5 L (6 cups) Rice Krispies* cereal
In a large saucepan over low heat, melt margarine. Add marshmallows and stir until completely melted. Remove from heat.
Stir in banana pudding mix. Add cereal and nuts, stirring until well coated.
Press into lightly-buttered 3.5l (13" x 9") pan. Allow to cool. Cut into squares.
NOTES: * also equals 1.25 l (5 cups) miniature marshmallows.
YIELD: 24 squares (5 cm/2)
In keeping with good allergy practices, we remind you to be aware of allergens and to check labels on any packaged goods used. This recipe has been tested using Kellogg's* products. Results with other products may vary.