Total Time: 20 min
- 175 mL (3/4 cup) firmly packed brown sugar
- 125 mL (1/2 cup) all-purpose flour
- 4 mL (3/4 tsp) cinnamon
- 75 mL (1/3 cup) cold margarine, or slightly softened butter
- 375 mL (1 1/2 cups) Rice Krispies* cereal
- 1.5 L (6 cups) sliced, peeled cooking apples (about 1 kg/2 lbs)
1. In large bowl mix together sugar, flour and cinnamon. Using pastry blender, cut in margarine until resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in cereal.
2. Spread apple slices evenly in 23 cm (9-inch) square baking pan. Sprinkle cereal topping over apples.
3. Bake at 180°C (350°F) about 30 minutes or until apples are tender. Serve with frozen yogurt or whipped topping, if desired.
YIELD: 6 servings.
In keeping with good allergy practices, we remind you to be aware of allergens and to check labels on any packaged goods used. This recipe has been tested using Kellogg's* products. Results with other products may vary.